How can I claim an artist profile on Spotify?
Being a verified artist on Spotify means a lot more than just getting a little blue check by your name. As an artist, Spotify verification opens the door to additional features and profile control.
When your profile’s claimed you also get a blue verification check mark.
First of all, you’ll, of course, need to release your music, if you haven’t yet, You’ll need to have music on Spotify to get verified. It doesn’t matter how many followers you have, if your tracks are on there, you’re ready to apply for Spotify verification. If you’ve made great music, but it’s not on Spotify yet, Learn how to upload music on Spotify.
Steps to claim your profile:
- First, you need to go to https://artists.spotify.com/c/access and click “Claim Your Profile.”
- After you’ve taken that step, you’ll be directed to a page asking to submit your artist name. From there, you need to select if you’re the artist or the manager representing the artist.
- Once your request is granted, your artist profile will get the verified check mark and you’ll get access to a number of great new benefits.
Why it’s important:
- You will able to update your profile image through Spotify for Artists
- You can edit your artist biography in Spotify
- You can view streaming statistics in Spotify
- You get the option to utilize Artist’s Pick, which allows you to:
- pin an album, song or playlist to the top of your Spotify profile
- share your tour dates
- add custom images for Artist’s Pick featured items
Spotify artist verification is important for a few reasons. Perhaps the most important has to do with playlisting. Imagine all your followers being able to hear your new playlist or track at once with a single share. It is possible with verification. You will now be able to update your fans personally every time you have something new to share. You have all your fans at your fingertips.